This two-day course focuses on industry best practices to make data-driven decisions to optimize resources and capital during the various project phases:
- Exploration of geo-energy
- data integration, conceptual modeling and well targeting
- Development of geo-energy
- well testing, development of an exploitation strategy to sustainably supply geothermal fluids, and resource design criteria
- Utilization of Geo-Energy
- Design phase, process design, project type and size selection, selection of materials and equipment
- Mitigation of scale, corrosion and gases
In addition, guidelines on geothermal project economics, time scheduling, financial modeling and assessing project feasibility are included.
A brief outline of the course content on day 1 and day 2:
- Resource Exploration and Development
- Integration of subsurface disciplines
- Why a conceptual model?
- Data-driven decision making to optimize the use of resources and capital
- Pre-drilling resource capacity assessment methods
- Well drilling
- Well testing and sampling
- Pre-operations numerical reservoir simulation
- Resource Utilization
- Design Criteria, constraints and considerations
- Power conversion technology
- Mitigation of scale, corrosion and gas emissions
- Tendering and contracting strategy
- Construction and commissioning
- Operations and management
- Project Economics and Time Schedule
- Project development costs and time budgeting
- Financial modeling
This course focusses on hands-on industry applied knowledge and lessons learned. The target audience are geothermal project managers, scientist and engineers.
The course shall be given by Manon Stöver. She has a background in petroleum engineering but switched to the geothermal power industry early in her career. She is a geothermal professional and enthusiast with a convincing track record in the worldwide geothermal power industry.
For further questions please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org