We want you! Help shape the global geothermal agenda and join the Board of the IGA. Nominations for Board Term 2020 – 2023 are now open. Get the guidelines, get nominated, and run for election. We want diversity, passion and commitment. If that sounds like you, join us! Deadline 16 April 2019 0:00 CET.
– GUIDELINES –
NOMINATION IGA BOARD 2020-2023
CRITERIA FOR ALL (NEW) NOMINATIONS
- Be > 18 years
- Experience in and passion for any form of geothermal energy (Power, Heat, Direct Use, Shallow Geothermal, Legislation, Finance, Economics)
- Be a proactive, and value-driven individual who takes her/his non-executive board position serious
- Committed to help shape the geothermal agenda and position geothermal energy in the energy transition dialogue as a renewable technology of choice
- Experience in or willing to contribute to thought leadership and strategic direction of the Association
- Experience in or willing to contribute to fund raising activities and other activities to attract sponsorship to the IGA
- Adhere to our Code of Conduct & Code of Ethics
CRITERIA FOR AFFILIATED NOMINATIONS
The overarching vision of the IGA Board is to obtain a 50% gender balance in its board composition 2020 – 2023. To keep it simple and to enhance geographic spread, gender equality, and diversity of the candidates representing smaller countries, the Nomination Committee has set the following rules:
- All affiliates, irrespective of the size of their membership are allowed to nominate two candidates. In order to achieve the IGA Board vision we strongly recommend to put at least one female candidate on your nomination sheet;
- An affiliation that has a running first term member can only nominate one new member (taking into consideration the 50% gender balance criteria). For full fairness an affiliation that has a running female first term member can only nominate one male and vice versa.
CRITERIA FOR INDIVIDUAL NOMINEES
Individual members of the IGA can put themselves forward for election. In order to have a formal procedure in place which results to competent candidates with a formal check-up procedure, the IGA Nomination Committee set the following rule:
- If an individual IGA member is interested in self-nomination a written request needs to be sent to the Executive Director (email@example.com) in order to receive a formal nomination request form with consent to use personal data for verification purposes. The form needs to be signed by 30 individuals, who must comply with the following eligibility criteria:
- > 18 years of age;
- Studying or working in the geothermal sector or in services related to the geothermal industry;
The 30 individuals will be sent an email for verification purposes to cross-check their eligibility to nominate.
Please, send us your nominations via e-mail or post.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Nomination IGA Board 2020-2023’.
Post: Charles-de-Gaulle Strasse 5, D-53113, Bonn, Germany.
Nominations have to reach the IGA Secretariat before 16 April 2019, 00:00.
All candidates are requested to provide contact details and a declaration of interest. Affiliated nominated candidates need to state their affiliated association.
Individual candidates need to provide the filled out formal nomination request which is available upon request.
At the Board Meeting #70 in Budapest (10 to 12 May 2019) sign-off of the ballot sheet will be carried out. Election for IGA Board term 2020 – 2023 will commence Quarter 3, 2019 and runs until Quarter 4, 2019.