Geothermal Volcanology Workshop 2020
The Geothermal Volcanology Workshop 2020 will be held from 03 to 08 September 2020 in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Russia.
For several years, has been convening a meeting entitled “Geothermal Volcanology Workshop” in September at the Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (RAS), Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Russia. The first circular for this year is linked above. However, this year it will have to be at least partially a virtual meeting.
Towards that end, we invite you to consider participating in this year’s meeting (September 03-08, 2020). Virtual participation will be free of charge and your extended abstract or short paper will be published online in a proceedings volume.
Of course, if the situation with COVID-19 will improve by September you are welcome for actual participation.
Topics of scientific sessions:
- Magma-hydrothermal systems
- Hydrothermal systems in volcanic areas
- Seismicity in geofluid volcanic and hydrothermal systems with active faults
- Magmatic feeding systems of active volcanoes
- Modeling the natural state and exploitation of geothermal reservoirs, applications to reserves estimation, feasibility study & investment
- Relationships among geothermal energy, magmatism, metallogeny, secondary mineralization and permeability
- Production geothermal reservoirs and hard-to-recover hydrocarbon formation conditions
- Mechanism of geysers and other cyclic phenomena in hydrothermal systems
- Diagenetic alteration of host rocks by hydrothermal fluid circulation
Abstract submission is until April 30, 2020.
Abstract submissions should be 0.5 page or less, 12 point Times New Roman, 1-inch margins, and include title, author(s), author(s) affiliation, author(s) email, and abstract text.. Abstracts may be uploaded within registration process and via e-mail GeothermalVolcanology2020@gmail.com
- Abstract Submission (less than 0.5 page): NOW OPEN
- Abstract Submission Closes: May 1, 2020
- Notification of Abstract Acceptance: June 1, 2020
- Extended Abstract Submission (up to 4 pages): July 1, 2020
- Welcome Reception: September 03, 2020 (Location: TBD)
- Geothermal Volcanology Workshop 2020: September 04-05, 2020
- Field Trips: September 03, September 06-08, 2020
Field Trips will be offered depending on demand and current situation with COVID-19. Please indicate your interest(s) via e-mail.
You can find Proceedings Geothermal Volcanology Workshop 2019 http://www.kscnet.ru/ivs/conferences/GeothermVolc2020/PROCEEDINGS-2019.pdf
Thanks for considering this and we hope you will join us. And we wish you good health!
GVW-2020 Organizing Committee