8th African Rift Geothermal Conference (ARGeo-C8)
The conference and short courses will be held at the UNEP headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya – October 26 to November 1, 2020.
Main elements of the conference:
- 02-03 November 2020: The Short Courses.
- 04-06 November 2020: The Main Conference
- 07-08 November 2020: The Field Trip.
TOPICS OF THE CONFERENCE:
Conference papers will be in line with the following topics:
• Exploration methods- geology, geochemistry, geophysics, heat flow.
• Drilling technology
• Reservoir Engineering
• Environmental, health, safety & social factors in geothermal development.
• Geothermal power-plants
• Direct use application
• New geothermal technologies, research and innovation
• Policy, legal and regulatory frameworks for geothermal industry
• Project Management, Financing & Economics of geothermal projects
• Case studies – any aspect of geothermal development
• Student papers – to include all aspects for geothermal exploration.
• Mineral extraction