8th African Rift Geothermal Conference (ARGeo-C8)
Hoping that this challenging situation shall pass soon, the ARGeo-C8 Organizing Committee is continuing its preparation for organization of this conference and has maintained the original dates as scheduled before. As you are aware, the Government of the Republic of Kenya, through the Ministry of Energy, is hosting and organizing this Eighth African Rift Geothermal Conference (ARGeo-C8) in partnership with UNEP, AUC, GAK, KenGen, GDC, IGA-ARB and other partners. The conference will be held at UNEP headquarters, in Nairobi, Kenya from 2-9 November 2020.
Main elements of the conference:
- 02-03 November 2020: The Short Courses.
- 04-06 November 2020: The Main Conference
- 07-09 November 2020: The Field Trip.
TOPICS OF THE CONFERENCE:
Conference papers will be in line with the following topics:
• Exploration methods- geology, geochemistry, geophysics, heat flow.
• Drilling technology
• Reservoir Engineering
• Environmental, health, safety & social factors in geothermal development.
• Geothermal power-plants
• Direct use application
• New geothermal technologies, research and innovation
• Policy, legal and regulatory frameworks for geothermal industry
• Project Management, Financing & Economics of geothermal projects
• Case studies – any aspect of geothermal development
• Student papers – to include all aspects for geothermal exploration.
• Mineral extraction
Conference Flyer (pdf, 1MB)
Second Circular (pdf, 12MB)