Number of members:
The Geothermal Association of Kenya (GAK) is a professional, scientific and educational organization. It was registered in Kenya on 23 April 2010 and its aims are to encourage, facilitate and promote coordination of activities related to local and worldwide research, development and application of geothermal resources. It is a non-political, non-governmental and non-profit organization.
- Training: continuing professional development and growth for its members through information transfer, study tours to geothermal sites in Kenya, career fairs at educational institutions etc.
- Networking Forums: create forums for exchange of information on geothermal energy through regular workshops, seminars, business to business events and conferences.
- Research: encourage research, exploration and development of clean environmentally friendly indigenous, reliable and affordable geothermal resources in Kenya and the East Africa region through collection and distribution of information.
- Support enactment and adoption of appropriate legislation, rules and regulations that promote development and utilization of geothermal resources.
- Promote development and use of local expertise in all phases of geothermal development.
- Advisory related to Geothermal Energy in Kenya.
- Create partnerships for the benefit of the GAK membership and geothermal sector as a whole.