Ethiopian Geothermal Association is a local organization established in accordance with the Civil Soviety Proclamation of the Federal Republic of Ethiopia and has been registered and accorded legal personality on September, 2019.
It is a member of the IGA and IGA East Africa Branch.
The main objectives of the Association are:
- Enhance the role of geothermal, in energy contribution in the country
- Advise the countrie’s energy sector in geothermal issues
- Promote and support geothermal professionals in research and development
- Establish standards in geothermal exploration and development activities
- Enhance the geothermal knowledge of its members through discussions and workshops
- Develop strategies to attract professionals in geothermal field of studies
- Collaborate with other civil societies, organizations and companies in the implementation of joint seminars, researches, symposiums and workshops
- Promote the versatile use of geothermal energy in the country.