AGA is Australia’s forum for geothermal energy information, discussion, networking, support and advocacy. AGA is a professional society whose members work in industry, academia and government representing the full range of geothermal applications from ground source heat pumps to direct industrial heat supply, recreational bathing and wellness, and electrical power generation.
The objectives of AGA are:
- to provide a discussion and information sharing forum for persons involved or interested in geothermal energy;
- to hold, make available and provide information about all forms of geothermal energy, its benefits, risks, usage and potential;
- to maintain the Australian geothermal energy sector’s links with the Australian clean energy sector and international geothermal energy sector and with other organisations representing each of those sectors, including the Clean Energy Council and ARENA and by affiliating with the International Geothermal Association;
- to conduct or manage support services for the Australian geothermal sector including education and training; and
- generally to carry on, do or assist in all or any matters which the Association may deem fit for promoting or encouraging the development of, and science and technology relating to, geothermal energy.